Saturday, December 13, 2008

winter has begun...

outside

I woke up to this icy winter wonderland yesterday, and this morning was greeted with snow piled on top of all of this ice.  Crazy!  Apparently we're making some news here.  I think this was my favorite quote of the day:

"This is pathetic," said Bob Cott of Portland, Maine, who lost power for the first time in 10 years. "I'm already sick of winter and we have nine days to go before it officially begins."

carice

Lol.  I went out to clean my car off late in the day, but I was afraid to venture out any earlier.

tuna3

Again, sorry for the cell phone quality pictures...

 

Anyway, even though it was cold and awful out, I wanted a lighter lunch/brunch - I woke up at noon.  I've been waiting for the right time to make this absolutely amazing looking tuna salad, but sadly I am out of beans, onions, AND fresh herbs.  So instead I created my own recipe - not bad, I have to say!

tuna tuna2

__________________________________________________________________________________

Quick, Easy Tuna Salad (without mayo!)

Ingredients:

1 can chunk light tuna packed in water

1/4 cup diced tomatoes (I used from a can)

1 tsp olive oil (I used garlic-infused olive oil)

1 tsp honey mustard

1 tbsp Parmesan cheese

1/8 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp Mexican chili powder

garlic powder to taste

salt and pepper to taste

 

Drain the tuna, then combine all ingredients and mix.  That's it!  This is especially good on top of a toasted English muffin, or on whole wheat bread in a sandwich.

No comments: