New recipe + new look! I’m forcing myself not to change the layout again for the next few months at least. WHEW.
Anyway, it’s been a crazy crazy week. I’ve been helping out with the Creative Writing day camp for 9-13 year olds here, and MAN is it an experience! This was my first time working with a large group of kids and I’ve loved almost every minute of it ;). They’re so freaking adorable!
This week I have a recipe for popcorn with an ingredient I’ve been wanting to try for awhile: nutritional yeast! I finally found some at a small health food store near me.
I make popcorn a lotttttt. It makes a fantastic snack and it’s so easy to make. I always air pop or stove pop my popcorn, for several reasons:
1. It’s just as easy and fast as microwave popcorn, but with no added chemicals!
2. You can add anything you want to it – yum.
3. It’s WAY cheaper. A decent-sized bag of generic popcorn kernels is $1.99 at my local grocery store, while a box of 3 microwave popcorn bags is $2.99.
Not convinced yet? Try this recipe! YUM.
Garlicky Popcorn with Nutritional Yeast
adapted from Mac & Cheese (the blog not the food!)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
cracked black pepper
1. Add vegetable oil to 4-quart lidded pot, then add popcorn kernels. They should just cover the bottom of the pan.
2. Cook over medium-high heat, shaking pan occasionally to move kernels around and avoid burning. When popping subsides to about 3 seconds between pops, remove from heat.
3. Pour popcorn into a large bag along with the nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Shake the bag to distribute the ingredients, then pour the popcorn out into a serving bowl.