Thursday, August 20, 2009

how can I say this without sounding old...

...the other night I was watching Antiques Roadshow.

 

...at 2am.

 

...sprawled out on my bed.

 

WAIT!!! DON'T LEAVE!!!!

I swear this isn't a regular occurrence. At least, not regular enough for me to admit to on the internet. SO. I was watching Antiques Roadshow (gah!), and some really gorgeous Art Deco posters came up on the show. I absolutely loved the style and colors, they're those often-imitated posters that just aren't as good as the real thing!

imageimage

These two Monte Carlo posters are so colorful and fun (click for larger)! I love the type in them, of course, and the style of illustration is just so appealing and wonderful. I would love to have one of these images for my wall if I ever got my act together and redecorated my room.

OH NO. As I am typing this, another episode is starting! Make it stop!!

Anyway, I looked up the artist that created those posters - his name is Louis Icart. Here are some more of his works:

image

These two, above and below, are such a different feel than the first two posters, but carry the same illustration feel. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shape of the woman's body on the left! It's so wispy but curvy, and I love that the feet trail off into a point (almost like smoke).

image

Some more beauties:

image image

 

image

image

image 

Have a lovely night!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous posters! Hey, keep an eye out in Spain for some? You never know.....

Mom

Anonymous said...

These posters are amazing! I love the art style, it's so ethereal and glamorous.